Monday 23 February 2015

Playing for Time

Like a true ENFP, I've been very distracted lately. I've taken up Brasilian jiu-jitsu to compliment the tri-weekly training sessions I attend for Underwater Hockey, last week I presented at the UGRE event to talk about my experience as an intern for this project, and tonight I'm teaching the Escape:CYT group how to give an Indian Head Massage (sure, anytime you like).

I haven't been organised enough to write any posts lately but I've been scribbling them up in my brain to type down the minute I get 20 minutes of free time.

My favourite milk-shake bar has an index of flyers on the windowsill, and a few nights ago I had a peruse whilst I waited for my Reece's Pieces regular shake. I saw a flyer for a play that is on at the Crucible Theatre throughout March and April with tickets available from £5 to £23. I want to plan a trip to Sheffield to see Playing for Time, a critically acclaimed.play by Arthur Miller based on Fania FĂ©nelon's autobiographical memoir inside Auschwitz. Making music with an orchestra of women prisoners, Fania sang for the Nazi captors in an act of survival.

It sounds brilliant, and I'd really like to see it with a group of like-minded drama enthusiasts who read German, as well as thinking about it as a piece of Holocaust literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment