Friday 30 January 2015

Taken After Midnight


I still feel like I'm at a bit of a loose end, now that the conference is over. My bedroom is a stew of scripts, light cues, programmes and scraps of notes that I've taken from the few plenaries that I did manage to catch.

How am I going to organise all of the thoughts and questions that have come up, in light of listening to the brilliant academics and delegates? There's just too much to say. There are too many questions. I was naive to think that I could sum up the topics that were discussed in only a few blog posts. It's all pending, though, let me get my reading out of the way first.

Taken At Midnight
Anyway, as a way to continue thinking about how the Holocaust is dramatised, I'm going to see the acclaimed play by Mark Hayhurst, Taken After Midnight starring Penelope Wilton at Theatre Royal Haymarket. I'm going with my aunt, Gill (I've previously blogged about her experience visiting Holocaust Memorials in Budapest).


The play, running for only 8 weeks, is a true story about a mother's heroic battle to save her son, an incarcerated Jewish lawyer, who took on the Nazis and put Hitler on the stand in 1930s Germany.

You can book tickets here. See you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment